Trip By: Action International Ministries
Location: India, Southern Asia
When: Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
Come serve with our ACTION India workers who have well established ministries to Bible students, churches and villages. Share your faith and use your spiritual gifts to build up Indian believers.
India: -MISSIONS INTERNSHIP-
Overview: There are two ACTION ministry sites in India where interns can go and serve! Both are located in Northeast India and are seeking interns to come for three months at a time to one site, or six months at a time where the intern would serve three months at each site. Read on to learn more about how interns may serve alongside our missionaries.
Q & A with ACTION leaders on-site:
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
Ministry Site #1
Depending on when the interns come, and their interest in each opportunity, here is a list of what they can do:
1. Teach Bible School students
2. Go on mission trips to different places in our city
3. Participate in ministry to village children
4. Share their testimony in youth groups
5. Preach in churches
6. Minister among women
Ministry Site #2
We expect the intern to get involved in these types of ministry we have been carrying on such as:
1. Child Development Program
2. General Education Program
3. Christian Leadership Development Program.
4. The intern can also spend some time in teaching English language to the Pre-Theology students.
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
1. Come to serve, not to save
2. Consider the trip a privilege, not a sacrifice
3. Come to learn, not advise
4. Stress simplicity, not spectacular
5. Stay the course – all the time.
6. Let not circumstances detract you
7. Be disciplined
8. Be a blessing
3. What criteria do you use to measure the effectiveness of an intern serving with you?
• Their willingness to be flexible, listen to feedback, and humbly make changes where necessary
• Their effectiveness will also be evaluated by their involvement with the groups of people they work with and the impression they leave behind
4. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
• The intern can learn to live in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-religious society and situation. He/she can also learn how to witness for Christ in a cross-cultural environment.
• Interns will improve their communication skills, especially teaching and interacting in small group sessions.
• Some of the work will be with students who aren’t fluent in English so interns will gain ESL skills while teaching them.