Founded in 1949 by John Van Diest Sr., the Mission opened its doors as the “John 3:16 Mission.” Today, while the name of the ministry has changed to the Portland Rescue Mission, a 35,000 square foot Men’s Shelter in Portland’s Old Town, our direction, compassion and God-honoring commitment to the poor, suffering and homeless has not. If anything, our outreach has expanded and continues to reach out in exciting, new ways as we touch the hearts and souls of the truly needy in our midst. We exist to share the word of God and demonstrate the love of Christ to the homeless and needy through rescue ministries.
Address: 111 West Burnside Street
Portland, OR 97209