Hermann Park Conservancy (HPC)–formerly Friends of Hermann Park–encourages the development of more attractive, usable green space in Hermann Park, and to promote the restoration of the Park to its original standards of beauty. Hermann Park, presented to the City of Houston by George Hermann in 1914, is Houston’s most historically significant public green space. Over the years, the Houston Zoo, Miller Outdoor Theatre, the Houston Museum of Natural Science, and the first desegregated public golf course in the United States have all added to the Park’s importance as a recreational destination. In the last ten years, under the partnership with the City of Houston, HPC and the city have spent over $32 million to enhance and restore Hermann Park.
Address: 6201-A Golf Course Drive
Houston, TX 77030