The Henry Vilas Park Zoological Society was organized as the Madison Zoological and Aquarium Society in 1914. The society’s purpose is to build community support and provide funding for improvements to the Henry Vilas Zoo. This includes the acquisition, conservation, and replacement of animals; refurbishing and creating new exhibits; supporting educational programs; and improving the overall educational and recreational value of the zoo. The Zoological Society contributes generously to the Zoo’s operating budget. The society has been instrumental in providing funding for many zoo improvements, generally in partnership with the county and city.
Address: 606 South Randall Avenue
Madison, WI 53715