The Fredericksburg Area Food Bank was incorporated in 1982 as the Fredericksburg Area Food Relief Clearinghouse. In the spring of 1995, the organization changed its name to the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank and became a certified affiliate member of Second Harvest Food Bank Network. Fredericksburg Area Food Bank operates a 9,000 square foot warehouse which contains an additional 4,000 cubic foot of freezer space. The size of the warehouse and the affiliation with America’s Second Harvest increased tremendously the amount and variety of food now available at the food bank. Food distribution grew to over one million pounds within 18 months and peaked at 1.4 million pounds in 2000.
Address: P.O. Box 1006
Fredericksburg, VA 22402