The Central Florida Zoological Park was first established as the Sanford Zoo in 1923 with a collection of donated animals held by the Sanford Fire Department. The Central Florida Zoological Park opened its doors at its present site on July 4, 1975 and it continues to grow as Seminole County’s premier recreational and educational attraction. The Central Florida Zoological Park is dedicated to the trustworthy stewardship of our natural environment through the exhibition of living animals and plants, and sustaining programs in wildlife education and conservation. The Central Florida Zoological Park preserves the beauty and wonder of animals and their habitats. We are committed to sharing our knowledge, engaging visitors, and celebrating our natural world.