The Big Brothers Organization first emerged in St. Louis in 1914, when Juvenile Court Judge Thomas C. Hennings, Jr. expressed dismay at the number of youth moving through his juvenile court room on a daily basis. Judge Hennings believed in the power of a positive role model in a child’s life and the difference it can make. Big Brothers Organization eventually merged, in 1976, with the Big Sisters agency to become Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater St. Louis. In 2000, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater St. Louis expanded its reach well beyond St. Louis and opened offices in St. Charles County and Cape Girardeau County. As a matter of necessity, the agency changed its name to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri.
Address: 4625 Lindell Boulevard Suite 501
St. Louis, MO 63108