Trip By: Action International Ministries
Location: Philippines, Southeastern Asia
When: Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
Work at KIDS Home alongside the Sisons and have a real impact in childrens’ lives by sharing Christ and speaking Truth. Connect through sports, medical ministry and doing life together.
Philippines: -MISSIONS INTERNSHIP-
Taytay Rizal, Philippines
Q & A with ACTION missionary Raffy Sison
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
During their time at KIDS Home ministries interns will have many opportunities to serve!
• At our Ministry Center, they may share their testimony, counsel and pray with the children. They can also conduct life application group Bible studies. They may be tasked to cook or assist in food preparation. Work in the gardens, pick fruit from our trees, repair water leaks, lay a concrete walk path, and tackle maintenance and development projects
o Medical/Dental Clinic – We are putting together a medical and dental clinic at the Center which we will open to the indigent community. Complete dental clinic equipment was shipped to our Center! We need help in putting this together and experienced dentists and assistants to serve short-term
• Outside the Center, interns will share their testimony, plant the seed of the Gospel, counsel and pray with children, and assist in leading Bible studies. If equipped, they can perform a magic show or puppet show. Sing or dance with or without instrument of music accompaniment
o Basketball Evangelism – We play with the local village and during break times we share the Gospel! At the closing of the game we give the invitation to invite Jesus into their lives
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
• Sometimes a person’s whole idea or concept of how missions will or should happen is unrealistic or skewed. We will graciously work with each person where they are at and help them conduct effective ministry
• Interns will be frustrated if their heart is not in step with God. We will mentor and teach interns to first and foremost follow God’s agenda. They will learn to serve with a cheerful heart and give there all in every task
• Matthew 16:24 (NIV) Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” Interns will be challenged to do this daily in partnership with us.
3. What criteria do you use to measure the effectiveness of an intern serving with you?
Availability and willingness to serve are the key factors for an intern to experience the full, complete joy Christ promises. They may never see the fruit of their labor while with us, so they should be comfortable knowing they are planting seeds in people’s lives. 1 Cor 10:31 (NIV)” …whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
4. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
• Develop skills and confidence in teaching God’s Word, life application, academics (English, Math, etc.)
• Improve your discipleship skills working with children and youth and model servant leadership
• If inclined and interested, use and strengthen masonry, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills
For more information and pricing visit: actiontrips.org • actioninternational.org/sison